-   -   Excel printing FOO (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/453852-excel-printing-foo.html)

Robert Baer

Excel printing FOO

'' Excel app no longer works

vNam = Cells(2, 7).Text + "V" 'board voltage
pPath = "D:\ANALOG\HVREG\Boards\TITANTWO\TT_C\Jumpers\ "
ActiveSheet.Shapes(1).Select
' cannot get printer to work, and no useful help
' ALWAYS wants to print to f'ing "My Documents" no matter what
' AND to add insult to injury, it asks for file name
'' THIS USED TO WORK
Application.ActivePrinter = "Acrobat PDFWriter on FILE:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Preview:=False, _
ActivePrinter:="Acrobat PDFWriter on FILE:", printtofile:=True, _
Collate:=False, PrToFileName:=pPath + vNam
' the following scheme does not work either
Application.ActivePrinter = "Acrobat PDFWriter on FILE:,
PrToFileName:=pPath + vNam"
Kill pPath + vNam 'only PDF left
' END END

Help, please.

Living the Dream

Excel printing FOO

Hi Rob

Not sure if this helps, but!

I have Office 2010 at home which has a print feature called "Complete PDF" and at work in our Window Server2008 environment it has CutePDF which captures my print file and prints directly to Acrobat PDF which then enables me to print.

May pay to go to your "Printer Folder" in the Control Panel and check what PDF Printer you have and add this to your VBA code.

HTH
Mark