-   -   Formating cell from a specific text from a drop down box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/453742-formating-cell-specific-text-drop-down-box.html)

[email protected]

Formating cell from a specific text from a drop down box

I am trying to program a worksheet that formats cells (black) when you choose from a drop down box.

Column A is my choices
Row 1 are the item categories I need data
B2 to E6 is my data

So I choose "Car" from a drop down box in A2. I only need data in B2 and B4. I want the rest to be "blacked out"

If I choose "Truck" from the drop down box in A3. I need data in all cells.

If I choose "SUV" from the drop down box in A4. I only need data in D4 and all other cells are "blacked out".

I am very need to VBA programs so please help in the simplest terms.

Thank you very much.

Peter T[_7_]

wrote in message
I am trying to program a worksheet that formats cells (black) when you
choose from a drop down box.

Column A is my choices
Row 1 are the item categories I need data
B2 to E6 is my data

So I choose "Car" from a drop down box in A2. I only need data in B2 and
B4. I want the rest to be "blacked out"

If I choose "Truck" from the drop down box in A3. I need data in all
cells.

If I choose "SUV" from the drop down box in A4. I only need data in D4
and all other cells are "blacked out".

I am very need to VBA programs so please help in the simplest terms.

Thank you very much.

Have you considered Conditional Formats. Maybe apply 'blacked out' formats
as default, and CFs and 'rules' for your data cells.

Peter T