-   -   Empty cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/453708-empty-cell.html)

GARYWC

Empty cell?

How can I see what cell A1 contains?
It appears empty but =ISBLANK(A1) returns "FALSE"

Peter T[_7_]

Empty cell?

"GARYWC" wrote in message
How can I see what cell A1 contains?
It appears empty but =ISBLANK(A1) returns "FALSE"

Maybe the cell contains a zero length sting, try
=IsText(A1)

If that returns true and IsBlank is false just delete it, or maybe also test
for =Len(A1) is zero

Peter T

GARYWC

Empty cell?

=IsText(A1) returns "True" for the allegedly empty cell.

=Len(A1) returns '1' for the allegedly empty cell (even though nothing is displayed in the cell) so I will delete the cell.

Peter T[_7_]

Empty cell?

"GARYWC" wrote in message
=IsText(A1) returns "True" for the allegedly empty cell.

=Len(A1) returns '1' for the allegedly empty cell (even though nothing is
displayed in the cell) so I will delete the cell.

If Len(A1) = 1 the cell contains one character, check what =Code("A1")
returns.

Peter T

GARYWC

Empty cell?

Peter: I wish I had known about =Code("A1") before I deleted the allegedly empty/blank cells.

Peter T[_7_]

Empty cell?

"GARYWC" wrote in message
Peter: I wish I had known about =Code("A1") before I deleted the allegedly
empty/blank cells.

But Len(A1) = 1 established the cell was not empty!

Maybe the cell was formatted with white text on white, or contained a space
or similar, or maybe all those cells contained the code to a secret fortune,
we'll never know:)

Peter T

GS[_6_]

Empty cell?

"GARYWC" wrote in message
Peter: I wish I had known about =Code("A1") before I deleted the allegedly
empty/blank cells.

But Len(A1) = 1 established the cell was not empty!

Maybe the cell was formatted with white text on white, or contained a space
or similar, or maybe all those cells contained the code to a secret fortune,
we'll never know:)

Peter T

Peter,
It's been my finding that many users hit the Spacebar key to clear a cell. I
don't get this; -perhaps just laziness so as not to have to reach for the
Backspace key?<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!