-   -   Split data in one cell like ALT-Enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/453073-split-data-one-cell-like-alt-enter.html)

[email protected]

Split data in one cell like ALT-Enter

If somebody can help me out :)

I have a sheet with several rows.
In column D a lot of text is included with separator slash.
I need a macro that produce the following action on it in all cells in column D

Example
Cell D2 exist:
aaaaa/bbbbb/ccccc/ddddd

Should be changed to
aaaaa
bbbbb
cccccc
ddddd

All text stays in the same cell.

The macro has to do ALT-Enter on each slash and delete the slash character.
Then next row till last.

Regards,
Johan

isabelle

Split data in one cell like ALT-Enter

Hi Joan,

Sub test()
With Range("D:D")
.Replace What:="/", Replacement:=Chr(10), LookAt:=xlPart
.WrapText = True
End With
End Sub

isabelle

Le 2017-01-18 Ã* 16:48, a écrit :
If somebody can help me out :)

I have a sheet with several rows.
In column D a lot of text is included with separator slash.
I need a macro that produce the following action on it in all cells in column D

Example
Cell D2 exist:
aaaaa/bbbbb/ccccc/ddddd

Should be changed to
aaaaa
bbbbb
cccccc
ddddd

All text stays in the same cell.

The macro has to do ALT-Enter on each slash and delete the slash character.
Then next row till last.

Regards,
Johan

[email protected]