-   -   Sub or Function not defined - Call to a sub in and XLAM addin (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/451417-sub-function-not-defined-call-sub-xlam-addin.html)

hbj

Sub or Function not defined - Call to a sub in and XLAM addin

Have to admit: I don't quite understand XLA:s and their use.

I have made an XLAM file with common UDFs: and Subs. In the developer mode, this XLAM is loaded in the project window (as a project). I have loaded the XLAM in "Excel-Options-Addins".
In Worksheet I can call a function in that XLAM, but when I run a macro, which calls a public Sub in XLAM, I get this error. Of course I should add it into the references, but it is not visible in the available list. I can browse to the directory, where it locates, but it is then called simply "VBAProject" and conflicts with the already loaded XLAM. What's the clue?

Håkan

hbj

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 5:25:07 PM UTC+3, hbj wrote:
Have to admit: I don't quite understand XLA:s and their use.

I have made an XLAM file with common UDFs: and Subs. In the developer mode, this XLAM is loaded in the project window (as a project). I have loaded the XLAM in "Excel-Options-Addins".
In Worksheet I can call a function in that XLAM, but when I run a macro, which calls a public Sub in XLAM, I get this error. Of course I should add it into the references, but it is not visible in the available list. I can browse to the directory, where it locates, but it is then called simply "VBAProject" and conflicts with the already loaded XLAM. What's the clue?

Håkan

ALREADY SOLVED!

I just found e very useful explanation on XLAMs:
http://fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut08.htm
I had to rename the AddIn from "VBAProject" to another not to conflict with the default name for the open file.

What I actually did: Open the XLSM instance if the AddIn
Change the name in VBA Project window
Save it in XLAM
Load it in Excel-options-AddIns
In my work file, in VBA editor, Tools-Reference, tag the name of your XLAM..

Håkan