-   -   Quick and dirty function to test for MM/DD/YYYY value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/450973-quick-dirty-function-test-mm-dd-yyyy-value.html)

Matthew Dyer

Quick and dirty function to test for MM/DD/YYYY value

Looking for a simple function to accept variable COdate and just test to see if it is in MM/DD/YYYY format, give true if it is or false if it is not. Thanks!

Claus Busch

Quick and dirty function to test for MM/DD/YYYY value

Hi Matthew,

Am Fri, 3 Jul 2015 06:21:10 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Matthew Dyer:

Looking for a simple function to accept variable COdate and just test to see if it is in MM/DD/YYYY format, give true if it is or false if it is not. Thanks!

test your CELL function.
In system with german language I can use:
=CELL("format",A1)="D4"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Matthew Dyer

Quick and dirty function to test for MM/DD/YYYY value

**SOLVED***
sorry folks, I'm still discovering some fun finesse codes in VBA such as the built-in isdate function! accepts an input and gives a true/false return! just what I was looking for!