-   -   ADO with mixed data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/450220-ado-mixed-data.html)

[email protected]

ADO with mixed data

Hello,

I am querying a column in excel of format General whose 7 first items are numerical and the next values are Text

The following works well but returns only the numerical values

ObjConnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & TempName & ";" & _
"Extended Properties=""Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1"";"
Sql = "SELECT * FROM " & rs1
'rs1 refers coorectly to the column address

Is IMEX=1 in the ObjConnection not intended to deal with mixed format?

Please help
Avi

GS[_2_]

ADO with mixed data

Hello,

I am querying a column in excel of format General whose 7 first
items are numerical and the next values are Text

The following works well but returns only the numerical values

ObjConnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & TempName & ";" & _
"Extended Properties=""Excel
12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1"";" Sql = "SELECT * FROM " & rs1
'rs1 refers coorectly to the column address

Is IMEX=1 in the ObjConnection not intended to deal with mixed
format?

Why do you think it needs to be there at all?

Please help
Avi

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

[email protected]

ADO with mixed data

To deal with mixed type data...At least what I was thinking