-   -   Display entire number in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449902-display-entire-number-cell.html)

[email protected]

Display entire number in cell

Hi,
I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needs to break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. Using VBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?
Thanks,
James

Claus Busch

Display entire number in cell

Hi James,

Am Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:30:56 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needs to break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. Using VBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?

select A1:B1 = Format cells = Alignment = Horizontal Alignment =
CenterAcrossSelection

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

[email protected]

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 9:30:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

I need to display an entire number that resides in one cell, but that needs to break across to the adjacent cell. For example, in cell A1 I have a 10 digit number that is truncated, because A1 is only wide enough for a six digit number. B1 is blank and I want the overflow from A1 to show in B1. Due to formatting constraints, I cannot expand A1 to accept the number. Using VBA, how can I display the entire number in A1?

Thanks,

James

Thanks Claus. Is there a VBA solution?

Claus Busch

Display entire number in cell

Hi,

Am Sun, 9 Mar 2014 08:03:00 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Is there a VBA solution?

only the same solution as I described. You can record it with the macro
recorder.

Regards
Claus B.