-   -   Drawn Objects Q (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449798-drawn-objects-q.html)

[email protected]

Drawn Objects Q

I have the code below which deletes "Objects" in my sheet, my problem is that it deletes a cell in Column A and moves all cells up one space, I don't know why this is occurring

When I try and select "Objects" within Find-Go to Special-Objects, it says there is none to be found and that is before I run the code below

Hope someone can advise

Thanks

Sub ClearMacroButtons()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Figures").Visible = True
Sheets("Figures").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1234"
ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Select
Selection.Delete
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="1234"

End Sub

Abhijeet Gudur

Drawn Objects Q

Try below and see what happens ..

Option Explicit

Sub FormatAllCallouts()
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oCF As CalloutFormat
On Error GoTo MyExit

Sheets("Figures").Visible = True
Sheets("Figures").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1234"
For Each oShp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
oShp.Select
Selection.Delete
Next
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="1234"

Exit Sub
MyExit:
MsgBox "No shapes found!!""
End Sub

On Friday, February 14, 2014 6:58:02 PM UTC, Abhijeet Gudur wrote:
[...]

Your code returns "no shapes found", but why then in my original code, if there is no objects found it deletes a cell in Column A and moves all cells up one space

My code is wrong, but I don't know why