-   -   conditional format fails when copied (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449679-conditional-format-fails-when-copied.html)

[email protected]

conditional format fails when copied

I am formatting cells based on the following equations

=AND(G8,(MOD(ROW(),2)=1))
=AND(G8,(MOD(ROW(),2)=0))
=AND(NOT(G8),(MOD(ROW(),2)=1))
=AND(NOT(G8),(MOD(ROW(),2)=0))

G8 is true or false.

If I hand enter these rules for each cell it works fine, but if I try to copy
the format rules they fail to work correctly.

I've opened the copied and failing cells and viewed each rule. Then look
correct. They appear identical to the original.

I've moved each equation from the copied cell to a stand alone cell
on the side and displayed the value of the result, true
or false. The values when calculated outside of the conditional format
environment are correct.

"Applies to" definitions are also correct.

Any ideas?

excel 2010

Claus Busch

conditional format fails when copied

Hi,

Am Wed, 8 Jan 2014 07:21:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb :

=AND(G8,(MOD(ROW(),2)=1))
=AND(G8,(MOD(ROW(),2)=0))
=AND(NOT(G8),(MOD(ROW(),2)=1))
=AND(NOT(G8),(MOD(ROW(),2)=0))

G8 is true or false.

if the reference always is G8 you have to set it absolute:
=AND($G$8,(MOD(ROW(),2)=1))

Regards
Claus B.
--