Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default function which includes its own list - no table

Must you use a table?

Can you do something like this:

=index2(C4, ("m", "t", "w", "r", "f"))

where cell c4 contains a number used as an index into my list of letters

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looking all over for something like this ... and right after I post

choose().

Sorry for the noise.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Fri, 3 Jan 2014 08:48:39 -0800 (PST) schrieb :

choose().

you can also use INDEX. Then you have to write your characters as array:
=INDEX({"m";"t";"w";"r";"f"},C4)

Regards
Claus B.
--