-   -   Iframe of Excel Webpage Wont Render Transparent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449609-iframe-excel-webpage-wont-render-transparent.html)

starfish777

Iframe of Excel Webpage Wont Render Transparent

Hi,

I've got an excel file with 3 worksheets each with one chart that pulls information from 1 of 3 other xls files. All files are in the same directory and pull in fine. However when I save as a webpage then put the iframe pointing to the directory with all the files in it. Everything successfully loads, it's just that the background for the iframe only parses out as transparent in Firefox. When I look at it in Chrome or IE I get a white background in the iframe.

I have already tried putting the following in the <head of each .htm (files that are generated by excel for all 3 worksheets and and the 1 parent sheet that houses them all)

html, body {background-color: transparent;}

then I added: allowtransparency="true"

to every iframe and frame within each of the 4 .htm pages

Lastly as an extra measure I also put the following into the stylsheet.css

html, body {background-color: transparent;}

But still no luck, IE and Chrome still show the background of the iframe as white. I do notice there are a couple of snippets of secure code which looks like base64 code in the source of the worksheets. I'm not sure if the background color control would be effected from there, but I'm out of ideas now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

starfish777

ADDED NOTE:

I'm using
IE 11 (Version 11.0.9600.16476)
google chrome: Version 32.0.1700.41 m Aura
Firefox 26.0

Excel 2010 on Windows 7

Thanks