-   -   quick zip/unzip form vba (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449406-quick-zip-unzip-form-vba.html)

witek

quick zip/unzip form vba

Is there any zip/unzip standard procedure being part of Windows or
Office I can use from VBA?
I have about 16 MB long string and would like to zip it before storing
in Excel.
Unfortunately it must work on any pc even freshly built so I can't
assume existence of any non standard library on computer.
Windows and Office and nothing more.

Thanks.

Claus Busch

quick zip/unzip form vba

Hi Witek,

Am Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:05:15 -0500 schrieb witek:

Unfortunately it must work on any pc even freshly built so I can't
assume existence of any non standard library on computer.
Windows and Office and nothing more.

have a look:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/vs...ession.zipfile

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

GS[_2_]

quick zip/unzip form vba

Hi Witek,

Am Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:05:15 -0500 schrieb witek:

Unfortunately it must work on any pc even freshly built so I can't
assume existence of any non standard library on computer.
Windows and Office and nothing more.

have a look:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/vs...ession.zipfile

Regards
Claus B.

Claus, this requires .NET Framework and so is not native VBA!

Perhaps a place to start...

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5#zip

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

witek

quick zip/unzip form vba

Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Witek,

Am Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:05:15 -0500 schrieb witek:

Unfortunately it must work on any pc even freshly built so I can't
assume existence of any non standard library on computer.
Windows and Office and nothing more.

have a look:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/vs...ession.zipfile

Regards
Claus B.

thanks

unfortunately,

no .net allowed
win32 only so I can write a wrapper

Windows 7 is able to zip and unzip files but I do not know where this
function is and if it is exposed as API.

GS[_2_]

quick zip/unzip form vba

See my reply to Claus for a link to one VB.zip utility. There's another
one here...

http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb...53174&lngWId=1

--

GS wrote:
See my reply to Claus for a link to one VB.zip utility. There's another
one here...

http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb...53174&lngWId=1

Yes, I saw that.
I did not have time to respond.