-   -   Claus code works on my data not on OP's data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/449156-claus-code-works-my-data-not-ops-data.html)

Howard

Claus code works on my data not on OP's data

Claus revamped some code of mine to find strings in data field and list the strings, headers of the columns the strings are in and the cell address of the string in three columns.

Tested on a small data set, worked just fine, I expanded the data set to the size of the OP's by using made up data and it too works just fine. (A bit slow but has to do with the For Each in... method looping is my guess)

I run it on OP's "real data" and the code crashes.

If you care to take a look, here is a link to my workbook with two sheets, OP Data and My Test.

Works on My Test, crashes on OP Data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9iszq045r...rop%20Box.xlsm

Regards,
Howard

Claus Busch

Claus code works on my data not on OP's data

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:05:15 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Howard:

If you care to take a look, here is a link to my workbook with two sheets, OP Data and My Test.

Works on My Test, crashes on OP Data.

you have to define the range in column A correctly. It takes time to
search for not existing Xs.
Your data works in 23 sec, the OP's data in 9 sec.
Have a look:
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook "Royal Bank String"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Howard

Claus code works on my data not on OP's data

you have to define the range in column A correctly. It takes time to

search for not existing Xs.

Your data works in 23 sec, the OP's data in 9 sec.

Have a look:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326

for the workbook "Royal Bank String"

Regards

Claus B.

Well, that certainly seems to do the trick.

Pretty tedious to check for accuracy with that many returns scattered all about in the data field.

I did study the returns of the much smaller data field and it was accurate, see no reason to doubt the accuracy of this much larger example.

I was clearly off base thinking filling the blanks in column A with an "X" was a benefit. Remove the blanks first makes a ton of sense.

Thanks Claus.

Regards,
Howard