-   -   Data Validation List (conditional) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/448994-data-validation-list-conditional.html)

User[_4_]

Data Validation List (conditional)

I'm wondering if this is possible with a data validated list. I'd rather not use VBA code if at all possible.

Column-A represents a data validated drop-down list of 3 values: a,b,c

Column-B to be a conditional data validated drop-down list (right now 3 values maybe a few more in the future). If Column-A = "a" can Column-B present a drop down list of 1,2,3? For any other value in Column-A Column-B yields a blank cell or NA.

Column A Column B
a (select 1,2,3)
b NA
b NA
b NA
a (select 1,2,3)
b NA
a (select 1,2,3)
c NA

Claus Busch

Data Validation List (conditional)

Hi,

Am Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:20:29 -0700 (PDT) schrieb User:

Column A Column B
a (select 1,2,3)
b NA
b NA
b NA
a (select 1,2,3)
b NA
a (select 1,2,3)
c NA

please look he
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook DataValidation. Open it into the WebApp or do a
rightclick and download it.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Claus Busch

Data Validation List (conditional)

Hi again,

Am Sat, 13 Jul 2013 21:41:50 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook DataValidation.

you have to download it. DataValidation does not work in the WebApp

Regards
Claus B.