-   -   Blank Spaces on ComboBox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/448290-blank-spaces-combobox.html)

Filipe Oliveira

Blank Spaces on ComboBox

1 Attachment(s)
Hi There,

I hope you are all well.

I have a table that countains 3 columns as following:

- from B3:B22 we have a reference number
- from C3:C22 we have Employee name
- from D3:D22 we have availability (two options: "Yes" or "No").

The Reference column is empty with an "IF" formula and the criteria is:
e.g. IF cell "D3" is "Yes", then the cell "B3" shows a reference such as "001" and so on.

I have created a UserForm to send an email to employees that have "Yes" on column "D".

For that, I have created a ComboBox to choose which employee to send the email.

The problem is, I can see the ones that shows the reference, but I can also see blank cells on the ComboBox.

Is there a way to hide/delete the empty spaces from the ComboBox so I can only see and choose the ones that are visible?

As I am not able to attach the current file, I have attached a print screen so you can see it.

Your assistance on this will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Filipe Oliveira

GS[_2_]

Blank Spaces on ComboBox

If you read the employee list into an array then you can use AddItem to
populate the combobox via a For...Next loop, *if* the array element
isn't empty.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Gizzmo

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filipe Oliveira (Post 1609901)
[...]

Hi Folipe,

Add this code to your form initialize event:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
'

'Assumes you have named the reference as "Reference"
For Each cell In Range("Reference")
If cell.Value < "" Then
ComboBox1.AddItem cell.Value
End If