-   -   = CHAR(Row() + 61) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/447889-%3D-char-row-61-a.html)

Howard

= CHAR(Row() + 61)

The subject line works on the worksheet, when entered in row 4 it returns an A. What little tweek do I need to make it work in the test code here?
The word "Row" is highlighted along with the error msg.

Sub test()
Dim i As Long
i = Range("G2").Value
Range("A3").Resize(i, i).Select
For i = 1 To i
ActiveCell.Offset(0, i) = i
ActiveCell.Offset(i, 0) = CHAR(Row() + 61) 'SUB OR FUNCTION NOT DEFINED
Next
End Sub

I was a bit suprised that Help was useless using:
Ascii Char
Char()
Char(Row)

Thanks,
Howard

isabelle

= CHAR(Row() + 61)

hi Howard,

x = Chr(ActiveCell.Row + 61)

happy holidays
isabelle

Le 2012-12-24 16:30, Howard a écrit :
The subject line works on the worksheet, when entered in row 4 it returns an A. What little tweek do I need to make it work in the test code here?
The word "Row" is highlighted along with the error msg.

Sub test()
Dim i As Long
i = Range("G2").Value
Range("A3").Resize(i, i).Select
For i = 1 To i
ActiveCell.Offset(0, i) = i
ActiveCell.Offset(i, 0) = CHAR(Row() + 61) 'SUB OR FUNCTION NOT DEFINED
Next
End Sub

I was a bit suprised that Help was useless using:
Ascii Char
Char()
Char(Row)

Thanks,
Howard

Howard

= CHAR(Row() + 61)

On Monday, December 24, 2012 4:05:10 PM UTC-8, isabelle wrote:
hi Howard,

x = Chr(ActiveCell.Row + 61)

happy holidays

isabelle

Thanks isabelle and you have a merry christmas too.
Howard