-   -   Macro to update pivot table data range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/447071-macro-update-pivot-table-data-range.html)

[email protected]

Macro to update pivot table data range

Hi all,
I am trying to create Macro in excel 2010 which will change the data range for a pivot table if have added extra datainto the source data worksheet. This is the macro belowbut it returns a runtime error 5 "Invalid procedure Call) error:

Sub ChangePivotTableDataRange()

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").ChangePivot Cache ActiveWorkbook. _
PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=Worksheets("Sales").Range("A5").Curren tRegion.Address _
, Version:=xlPivotTableVersion14)

Taffy

[email protected]

Macro to update pivot table data range

Taffy,

I think the issue is in the "SourceData" argument. If you change it to:

SourceData:="Sales!" & Worksheets("Sales").Range("A5").CurrentRegion.Addr ess

it should work.

Hope this helps,
Ben

[email protected]

On Sunday, 9 September 2012 19:53:38 UTC+1, (unknown) wrote:
Taffy,

I think the issue is in the "SourceData" argument. If you change it to:

SourceData:="Sales!" & Worksheets("Sales").Range("A5").CurrentRegion.Addr ess

it should work.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your help - it worked a treat! I'm always amazed at how quick you guys post your responese.

Thanks again,

Taffy

[email protected]

Macro to update pivot table data range