-   -   How to dynamically change the list in drop down list based on thevalue of another cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/447045-how-dynamically-change-list-drop-down-list-based-thevalue-another-cell.html)

[email protected]

How to dynamically change the list in drop down list based on thevalue of another cell?

Hi all,

My question is that I have a drop down list containing, say 3 products (apple, orange, banana) in cells A1:A3. Usually I want the drop down list to list all 3 products. But when the value of cell B1 changes from 1 to 0, I want the drop down list to only list the first product contained in cell A1. Can this be done easily, without having to use VBA?

Thanks!

[email protected]

How to dynamically change the list in drop down list based on thevalue of another cell?

Hi,

You can do this with named ranges. For example, you could name the full list (A1:A3) "Full" and name the shorter list (cell A1) "Short". Then put this formula in the data validation formula bar: =if($B$1=0, Short, Full).

Ben