-   -   Excel 2007, Unable to save new VB code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/446644-excel-2007-unable-save-new-vbulletin-code.html)

Krissey

Excel 2007, Unable to save new VB code

Hi all
I have Windows 7 and Excel 2007.
Have Excel Addin files made i previous versions of Excel.
There is not any problems to run the programms.
I need to change the VB code for updating the programm and use the VB developer editor.
Pressing the save button to store the new code (no error messages appears).
The file wich was opened and saved is not updated it is still the same as the original with the original last modified date. If i look in the explorer before exiting Excel the file has the right last modified date, when exiting Excel the file is replaced with the original file.

Do any of you out there have the solution of this problem ? THANKS !!

Auric__

Krissey wrote:

I have Windows 7 and Excel 2007.
Have Excel Addin files made i previous versions of Excel.
There is not any problems to run the programms.
I need to change the VB code for updating the programm and use the VB
developer editor.
Pressing the save button to store the new code (no error messages
appears).
The file wich was opened and saved is not updated it is still the same
as the original with the original last modified date. If i look in the
explorer before exiting Excel the file has the right last modified date,
when exiting Excel the file is replaced with the original file.

Do any of you out there have the solution of this problem ? THANKS !!

Try "Save As" to a new file, close Excel, move the new version over the old
version.

--
- How did you get here?
- I flew. These wings aren't just for show, you know.