-   -   Radical color chages on importing a worksheet (Excel 2010)? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445568-radical-color-chages-importing-worksheet-excel-2010-a.html)

djo77399

Radical color chages on importing a worksheet (Excel 2010)?

I have a complex requirement in Excel 2010 that requires me to import sheets from multiple workbooks and collate them into a single workbook for distribution. These other files have background colors in the rows alternating beige and no-color. There are group headers that are backgrounded in gray. The beige rows import as neon green (you can't make this stuff up!) and the gray rows import as neon red. In other imported sheets, the beige background imports as black and the text (foreground) as red.

I have no idea what's going on, but this needs to NOT HAPPEN. I am using a VBA routine to do the work, but the same thing happened when I did it with manual cut-and-paste.

If someone can help me out on this please! I have to get this thing into production soon. I'm an experienced ABV/Access developer, but have very little Excel experience.

Thanks a million!

Dennis

PS: The Crystal reports Export function exports the report in "Excel 97-2003" format only. I need all formatting and colors to remain identical to the source sheet when I bring the external sheets in.