-   -   Get Data set range from closed workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445242-get-data-set-range-closed-workbook.html)

danny tang

Get Data set range from closed workbook

hi, happy new yr.

in closed workbook/active workbook, we can use usedrange.rows.count or columns.count to determine the size of data set. However, this is not work in closed workbook. Any ideas to determine the number of rows/cols. in this case? thx.

br
danny

GS[_2_]

danny tang wrote :
hi, happy new yr.

in closed workbook/active workbook, we can use usedrange.rows.count or
columns.count to determine the size of data set. However, this is not work in
closed workbook. Any ideas to determine the number of rows/cols. in this
case? thx.

br
danny

Here's a good place to start...

http://www.appspro.com/conference/Da...rogramming.zip

--
Garry

Don Guillett[_2_]

On Jan 6, 12:14*am, danny tang wrote:
hi, happy new yr.

in closed workbook/active workbook, we can use usedrange.rows.count or columns.count to determine the size of data set. However, this is not work in closed workbook. Any ideas to determine the number of rows/cols. in this case? thx.

br
danny

You could use a formula