-   -   move cells up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445222-move-cells-up.html)

gary c

move cells up

How can I move the cell containing "paid status" and the cell
containing the first "70-nnnn" up to the same row as the preceding
cell containing "ASSESSMENT NO"?

Here's my spreadsheet:

b c

ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015

70-0016
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015

70-0016

70-0060
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status
ASSESSMENT NO

70-0012

70-0015
paid
status

Here's the result I'm looking for:

b c

ASSESSMENT NO paid status 70-0012

70-0015

70-0016

[...]

Auric__

move cells up

gary c wrote:

How can I move the cell containing "paid status" and the cell
containing the first "70-nnnn" up to the same row as the preceding
cell containing "ASSESSMENT NO"?

Here's my spreadsheet:

[snip]

Here's the result I'm looking for:

[snip again]

Your data got mangled by wordwrap. Put your data on pastebin.com (or a
similar site) and then post the resulting link here.

--
Usenet is Eeyore's birthday present.

gary c

move cells up

http://pastebin.com/KT7Q06Qa

Auric__

move cells up

gary c wrote:

http://pastebin.com/KT7Q06Qa

[In the future, please quote the post you're replying to.]

If this is a one-time worry, I'd suggest doing it by hand, especially if
that's the entire spreadsheet you posted. You'd have it done in a minute or
two.

If not, go ahead and do another pastebin of how you want the data to end up.

(Do you really have unpaid taxes going back 40+ years?)

--
Another week of unusual disappointments.

gary c

move cells up

On Dec 31, 4:17*pm, "Auric__" wrote:
gary c wrote:
http://pastebin.com/KT7Q06Qa

[In the future, please quote the post you're replying to.]

If this is a one-time worry, I'd suggest doing it by hand, especially if
that's the entire spreadsheet you posted. You'd have it done in a minute or
two.

If not, go ahead and do another pastebin of how you want the data to end up.

(Do you really have unpaid taxes going back 40+ years?)

--
Another week of unusual disappointments.

My spreadsheet has 400,000 rows. And "Yes", unpaid taxes go back to
1952.

Auric__

move cells up

gary c wrote:

On Dec 31, 4:17*pm, "Auric__" wrote:
gary c wrote:
http://pastebin.com/KT7Q06Qa

[In the future, please quote the post you're replying to.]

If this is a one-time worry, I'd suggest doing it by hand, especially
if that's the entire spreadsheet you posted. You'd have it done in a
minute or two.

If not, go ahead and do another pastebin of how you want the data to
end up.

(Do you really have unpaid taxes going back 40+ years?)

My spreadsheet has 400,000 rows.

Ok, then I need another pastebin showing how you want things to end up.
(Wordwrap demolished *that*, too.)

And "Yes", unpaid taxes go back to 1952.

Yikes.

--
Before you complain, please consult your optic nerve,
as it has been sending me angry emails for years now.

gary c

move cells up

On Jan 1, 1:01*pm, "Auric__" wrote:
gary c wrote:
On Dec 31, 4:17 pm, "Auric__" wrote:
gary c wrote:
http://pastebin.com/KT7Q06Qa

[In the future, please quote the post you're replying to.]

If this is a one-time worry, I'd suggest doing it by hand, especially
if that's the entire spreadsheet you posted. You'd have it done in a
minute or two.

If not, go ahead and do another pastebin of how you want the data to
end up.

(Do you really have unpaid taxes going back 40+ years?)

My spreadsheet has 400,000 rows.

Ok, then I need another pastebin showing how you want things to end up.
(Wordwrap demolished *that*, too.)

And "Yes", unpaid taxes go back to 1952.

Yikes.

--
Before you complain, please consult your optic nerve,
as it has been sending me angry emails for years now.- Hide quoted text -

I figured out how to do what I needed.

Thanks.