-   -   Opening workbooks and stopping the messages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445175-opening-workbooks-stopping-messages.html)

Jim[_80_]

Opening workbooks and stopping the messages

I have a set of spreadsheets that do wonderful things.
As they go about their business, values in them get updated and these values
are reflected in other workbooks.

Unfortuneatly when I update - in VBA - the initial spreadsheet, I then get
the message about updating the second workbook and also a message about bad
links. At that time the second workbook is not open and I dont really want
to.

I want to prevent these messages. Any ideas.

Jim Crawford
81 The Phelps
Kidlington
OX5 1TL

01865 377437

isabelle

Opening workbooks and stopping the messages

hi Jim,

have you tried with
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

--