-   -   Help: Chart & data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445168-help-chart-data.html)

danny tang

Help: Chart & data

Hi,

are there any method to know the source data in chart via vba?
Actually, i have 60 charts were done. 10series in each chart.
However, the series will be increased day by day.
Now, I'm redo the plot (with macro already) every time.
If i can get the data source when i activate the chart, then i can add the new series in chart 1 by 1. Any ideas?

thanks.
br. Danny

Don Guillett[_2_]

Help: Chart & data

On Dec 4, 8:37*am, danny tang wrote:
Hi,

are there any method to know the source data in chart via vba?
Actually, i have 60 charts were done. 10series in each chart.
However, the series will be increased day by day.
Now, I'm redo the plot (with macro already) every time.
If i can get the data source when i activate the chart, then i can add the new series in chart 1 by 1. Any ideas?

thanks.
br. Danny

Why not just use SELF adjusting DYNAMIC named ranges such as:
insertnamedefine name as desired such as
ch1cola
in the refers to box
=offset($a$1,0,0,counta($a:$a),1)
then in the series refer to the range