-   -   cross referencing two worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445151-cross-referencing-two-worksheets.html)

Maria Machado

cross referencing two worksheets

Hi,

I have two worksheets, in one I have serial numbers of computers from
the vendor with the warranty end date, and in the other I have the
serial numbers matching the name of the person that is working with
that computer. I want to do a macro that will look at the serial
number in the first worsheets and copy the warranty end date of that
serial number in the other worksheet. Any ideas?

Don Guillett[_2_]

On Nov 29, 10:59*am, Maria Machado wrote:
Hi,

I have two worksheets, in one I have serial numbers of computers from
the vendor with the warranty end date, and in the other I have the
serial numbers matching the name of the person that is working with
that computer. I want to do a macro that will look at the serial
number in the first worsheets and copy the warranty end date of that
serial number in the other worksheet. Any ideas?

Several ways to do this. vlookup formulas to the other wb
=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),'C:\folder\[filename.xls]sheetname'!$B$18:$K$377,8)

or a macro

Don Guillett[_2_]