-   -   Refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file from a script (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/445139-refresh-bloomberg-data-excel-file-script.html)

Tom

Refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file from a script

HI,
I run a vb script which loops through excel files, and runs excel
macros to update data from a database.

What I would like to happen is for the excel files to have their
Bloomberg data refreshed, before the script runs (or be refreshed by
the script).

Running a macro with the below line does refresh the Bloomberg data.
Application.Run "RefreshEntireWorkbook"

But when I run this macro from a script, it does not work.

Does anyone know of a way to refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file
from a script ?

Regards,
Tom

Don Guillett[_2_]

On Nov 23, 10:36*pm, Tom wrote:
HI,
I run a vb script which loops through excel files, and runs excel
macros to update data from a database.

What I would like to happen is for the excel files to have their
Bloomberg data refreshed, before the script runs (or be refreshed by
the script).

Running a macro with the below line does refresh the Bloomberg data.
Application.Run "RefreshEntireWorkbook"

But when I run this macro from a script, it does not work.

Does anyone know of a way to refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file
from a script ?

Regards,
Tom

You don't say how you are getting the bloomberg data. send your file
to dguillett1 @gmail.com

Tom

On Nov 25, 12:20*am, Don Guillett wrote:
On Nov 23, 10:36*pm, Tom wrote:

HI,
I run a vb script which loops through excel files, and runs excel
macros to update data from a database.

What I would like to happen is for the excel files to have their
Bloomberg data refreshed, before the script runs (or be refreshed by
the script).

Running a macro with the below line does refresh the Bloomberg data.
Application.Run "RefreshEntireWorkbook"

But when I run this macro from a script, it does not work.

Does anyone know of a way to refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file
from a script ?

Regards,
Tom

You don't say how you are getting the bloomberg data. send your file
to dguillett1 @gmail.com- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Don, but from our correspondance, I think we are on different
wavelengths.

Does anybody else have a solution to this problem ?

Regards,
Tom

isabelle

Refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file from a script

hi Tom,

have you try,

Application.Run "blpmain.xla!RefreshAllStaticData"

--
isabelle

isabelle

Refresh Bloomberg data in an excel file from a script

or maybe a best solution he
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-prog...on-ontime.html

--
isabelle