-   -   Excel for Windows/Excel for mac compatible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/444621-excel-windows-excel-mac-compatible.html)

mondrogan

Excel for Windows/Excel for mac compatible?

I started coding an app for a client. I am using excel 2007 for windows. I just found out he uses Excel 14. something for the mac. Will my code be compatible? Can I do a conversion to made it compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Vacuum Sealed

Excel for Windows/Excel for mac compatible?

Hi there

My Daughter has a Mac ( Pain in the you know where to use ), and I was
interested myself to see if it was.

I entered some basic format commands for a Date / Time Stamp and it work the
same, so based on that little experiment, I should say yes.

That said! How it interprits some of the more complex codes I dunno.

You can save your WB in other formats also; In the SaveAs section of the
File Menu, it gives you other formats to choice from, one of them is a [
Text (Macintosh) *.txt ].

May be worth exploring.

Good luck
HTH
Mick.

Ludo

On 25 mei, 00:04, mondrogan wrote:
I started coding an app for a client. I am using excel 2007 for windows. I just found out he uses Excel 14. something for the mac. Will my code be compatible? Can I do a conversion to made it compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

There are certain codes that are not compatible or even don't exist
for a MAC.
If you have any question if a command wil run on a MAC, put the cursor
just before the command (example: |Range("A1").select) and press F1.
I think that the basic commands (cell operations) will be compatible,
but check the commands that will interact with the harddrive
(Directories, ...) and keyboard actions.

succes!
Ludo