Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to Convert Value to Number, Sort, then Delete

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet with copious amounts of data (10 sheets with ~80
columns x 8000 rows). The file size is so large that I need to break
the data into groups and then delete the rows that do not pertain.

I have identified the rows I would like to delete by writing a formula
in Column A. This formula returns the word "DELETE" for the rows I
want to delete.

The best macro would be one that will convert these formulas to its
value and then sorts the data by Column A to get the all the "DELETE"s
into one grouping. I would then need this macro to delete all the
Rows that have the word "DELETE" in column A.

I have a macro that will delete all the rows that have the word
"DELETE" in column A, however it takes forever to run. I can actually
sort and delete quicker manually, however this is an ongoing project
and gets repetitious quickly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.