-   -   visual basic editor automatically opens up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/444249-visual-basic-editor-automatically-opens-up.html)

Matthew Dyer

visual basic editor automatically opens up

I've noticed that when I lock my workstation (ctrl/alt/delete) then
unlock it, the VBA editor automatically opens up. This doesnt happen
every time, but only when I've previously used it, closed it, but have
not fully closed excel out. It is not a major issue but a minor
annoyance. Does anyone know which setting I may be able to change to
prevent this from happening?

GS[_2_]

visual basic editor automatically opens up

Matthew Dyer has brought this to us :
I've noticed that when I lock my workstation (ctrl/alt/delete) then
unlock it, the VBA editor automatically opens up. This doesnt happen
every time, but only when I've previously used it, closed it, but have
not fully closed excel out. It is not a major issue but a minor
annoyance. Does anyone know which setting I may be able to change to
prevent this from happening?

I use WindowsKey+L to lock my laptop. I don't get the behavior you
mention! Not saying this will fix your issue, just stating how my
process works.

--
Garry

Matthew Dyer

On Feb 17, 12:52*pm, GS wrote:
Matthew Dyer has brought this to us :

I've noticed that when I lock my workstation (ctrl/alt/delete) then
unlock it, the VBA editor automatically opens up. This doesnt happen
every time, but only when I've previously used it, closed it, but have
not fully closed excel out. It is not a major issue but a minor
annoyance. Does anyone know which setting I may be able to change to
prevent this from happening?

I use WindowsKey+L to lock my laptop. I don't get the behavior you
mention! Not saying this will fix your issue, just stating how my
process works.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Just attempted and the same thing happens. VBA editor opens up
automatically...