Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lookup values from tabdeliminated text file

Hi All,
I have read through all post on net in this weekend about my problem,
however I could not get right answer. I have a text file which is
named as stafflist with user id numbers, name and positions. Let's say
as below
1039 Tony Adwards SUP-V
1277 John Philips DRGSM-V
1326 Ken Through DRGSM-V

That is the file with 5000 users. I do not want to keep those user
details in excel file, because it takes a lot of space.Is there any
way to write a code to lookup value from that text file. Let's say
once enter in the id number( 1039 ) textbox1 textbox2 to display the
name and textbox3 display the position.
Thank you for the help
Baha