-   -   ead the Windows version (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/443526-ead-windows-version.html)

Fan924

ead the Windows version

I can read the excel version using a macro. Thanks to info from this
group. Is there a way to read the Windows version too?

Javed

ead the Windows version

No direct method but you can use the INFO function for getting the OS
version and from the number you can drive the description (Link given)

The following line will show the OS version

msgbox application.evaluate("=Info(""osversion"")")

Windows Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT

My OS is windows I don't know what this function will return in non
WIN OS.

Further you may get OS version,Build etc from registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion) but
VBA can't help in this you may use batch technique (Reg command) or
use VB scripting (Regread)
(Search net as many sample code may be alreday there.)

Dave Peterson[_2_]

ead the Windows version

Check your other post.

--