-   -   Help with Cell Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/443519-help-cell-formula.html)

82whiskey

Help with Cell Formula

I have been trying to accomplish something with an IF statement and I
just can't get it to work so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.
Here is what I'm trying to do.

I have a cell (lets call it A) that needs to pull rates form four
different cells based on criteria form two other cells.

Here is what I need Cell A to do:

Cell B has a numeric value
Cell C has a M or W

If the value in Cell B is "below" 1000 and the value in cell C is "W",
I need to pull from one of the rate cells
If the value in Cell B is "above" 1000 and the value in cell C is "W",
I need to pull from another rate cell

If the value in Cell B is "below" 1000 and the value in cell C is "M",
I need to pull from still another rate cell
If the value in Cell B is "above" 1000 and the value in cell C is "M",
I need to pull from still another rate cell

Hopes this makes sense.

Thanks, Brian

Harald Staff[_2_]

Help with Cell Formula

Hi Brian

Absolutely. Rate cells A1 to A4, containing numerical (!) values. Number in
B1 and M or W in C1. Formula:

=(B1<=1000)*(C1="W")*A1+(B11000)*(C1="W")*A2+(B1< =1000)*(C1="M")*A3+(B11000)*(C1="M")*A4

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"82whiskey" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Harald,

Thanks for your quick response! Works perfectly!

Brian