-   -   Code for auto fill (\-) stopped working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/443359-code-auto-fill-%5C-stopped-working.html)

Andrew[_56_]

Code for auto fill (\-) stopped working

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet which I've been using successfully for some
time. In one row, I have the command \* in several cells. This
command, when working properly, should fill the cell with *. Today I
noticed that it doesn't work. What could change to enable/disable
this function?

thanks,
Andy

Soni.Rajender

Code for auto fill (\-) stopped working

Hi Andy

Not getting you, can you please send a sample sheet.

Regards
Rajender Soni

On Jul 17, 9:12*am, Andrew wrote:
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet which I've been using successfully for some
time. *In one row, I have the command \* in several cells. *This
command, when working properly, should fill the cell with *. *Today I
noticed that it doesn't work. *What could change to enable/disable
this function?

thanks,
Andy

Dave Peterson[_2_]

Code for auto fill (\-) stopped working

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|Options|Transition Tab|Check Transition Navigation keys.

======
Personally, I'd turn all those transition settings off. I don't like how that
setting handles the Home and Tab keys (for example).

Instead, I'd format the cell:
Format|cells|Alignment tab|Text Alignment section|Horizontal|Choose Fill

Then just type the single asterisk (*).

--
Dave Peterson