-   -   EXCEL 2007 - export to dbf files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442792-excel-2007-export-dbf-files.html)

Les Gombart

EXCEL 2007 - export to dbf files

I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually
Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big
problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files.

If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold
problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with
this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as
database columns and then save as .dbf

Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a
converter?