Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DG DG is offline

Default Application.VLookup and External files

I want to use Application.VLookup to find values in an excel spreadsheet on
a network.

I'm not sure of the syntax, especailly the " or ' and !.

Here is what I have:

In Sheet1 of Book3.xls I have this in a vba module:

Sub FindPrice()
cells(a,1) = Application.VLookup("PRM 8018539",'\\myserver01\PRICE
UPDATES\[IPRICE 1.xls]'!sheet1.range("B2",Range("C65536").End(xlUp)),fal se)
End Sub

Exactly as is returns Compile Error: Expected: expression ant the first
single quote in front of myserver.

If I change both single quotes to double quotes I get: Compile Error:
Expected: list separator or ).

Help.

DG