-   -   See if cell is in Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442549-see-if-cell-range.html)

Brad

See if cell is in Range

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm passing a string that is a cell reference to a function. In that
function I want to determine if that cell reference is within a predetermined
range. Not sure how to do that. Right now I have:

Function CheckRange(TheSheet As String, TheCell As Range) As Boolean

If TheSheet = "Sheet1" Then
if TheCell In Range("B4:B30") then 'This line is red as it is incorrect
CheckRange = True
End If

What do I use instead of "In"?

Thanks,

Brad

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

See if cell is in Range

Brad
Use something like:
If Intersect(ThisRange, ThatRange) is Nothing Then
This says if ThisRange is NOT a part of ThatRange. If you want the
opposite, stick a Not in front of Intersect. HTH Otto

"Brad" wrote in message
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm passing a string that is a cell reference to a function. In that
function I want to determine if that cell reference is within a
predetermined
range. Not sure how to do that. Right now I have:

Function CheckRange(TheSheet As String, TheCell As Range) As Boolean

If TheSheet = "Sheet1" Then
if TheCell In Range("B4:B30") then 'This line is red as it is incorrect
CheckRange = True
End If

What do I use instead of "In"?

Thanks,