-   -   Excel, How do I make column A renumber itself if I remove a row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442452-excel-how-do-i-make-column-renumber-itself-if-i-remove-row.html)

clacount

Excel, How do I make column A renumber itself if I remove a row?

Column A will be numbers starting at 1 and continuing on. I will have to
remove some rows (ex. #10, #21, #45 etc.) but I want Column A to
automatically renumber in sequence once I remove the various rows. Is there a
way to do this?
--
clacount

Dave Peterson[_2_]

Excel, How do I make column A renumber itself if I remove a row?

Maybe you could use a formula in each cell in column A:

=row()
or
=row()+5
=row()-2
(or add/subtract some number so that it starts on the value you want)

You'll have to add this formula (dragdown from the previous row???) if you add a
row.