-   -   Checking Cell Value for a Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442370-checking-cell-value-date.html)

Bishop

Checking Cell Value for a Date

Is there a way I can check to see if a cell value has a date value... in any
format?

Rick Rothstein

Checking Cell Value for a Date

Use VB's IsDate function. For example...

If IsDate(Range("A1").Value) Then
' A1 contains something VB can interpret as a date
Else
' The contents of A1 does not look like a date to VB

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bishop" wrote in message
Is there a way I can check to see if a cell value has a date value... in
any
format?

Gary''s Student

Checking Cell Value for a Date

Any cell with an integer value between 0 and 2958465 can, with proper
formatting, represent a date.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

"Bishop" wrote:

Is there a way I can check to see if a cell value has a date value... in any
format?

Rick Rothstein

Checking Cell Value for a Date

I thought the OP might want to check Text representations as well.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bishop" wrote:

Is there a way I can check to see if a cell value has a date value... in
any
format?

Gary''s Student

Checking Cell Value for a Date

You may be right. I didn't think of that.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

.