-   -   Get column of named cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442238-get-column-named-cell.html)

Isis[_2_]

Get column of named cell

I have a named cell - StaffHeader1 - I want to refernce just the Column
property of this cell in another piece of vba - how do I do that ?

So in my code I am going to do this;
iColumn = Column(StaffHeader1)
Sheet6.Cells(3, iColumn + 1).Value = iStaffName

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Get column of named cell

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson

Gary Keramidas[_4_]

Get column of named cell

like dave mentioned in your other post, you should qualify your ranges with
sheet names

icolumn =sheets("Sheet6").range("staffheader1").Column
istaffname = "Isis"
Sheet6.Cells(3, iColumn + 1).Value = iStaffName

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Isis" wrote in message
I have a named cell - StaffHeader1 - I want to refernce just the Column
property of this cell in another piece of vba - how do I do that ?

So in my code I am going to do this;
iColumn = Column(StaffHeader1)
Sheet6.Cells(3, iColumn + 1).Value = iStaffName

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Don Guillett[_2_]

Get column of named cell

Please do not waste responders time and effort by posting in more than ONE
group. See ans in .misc

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Isis" wrote in message
I have a named cell - StaffHeader1 - I want to refernce just the Column
property of this cell in another piece of vba - how do I do that ?

So in my code I am going to do this;
iColumn = Column(StaffHeader1)
Sheet6.Cells(3, iColumn + 1).Value = iStaffName

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Isis[_2_]

Get column of named cell

"Don Guillett" wrote in
:

Please do not waste responders time and effort by posting in more than
ONE group. See ans in .misc

Don and anyone else who was annoyed, sorry for breaking the rules and
thanks to everyone for the help.