-   -   Highest Value from Excel Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441902-highest-value-excel-formula.html)

LostInNY

Highest Value from Excel Formula

I have a formula that goes from B1:B1000-

=IF(Template!$C17="","","EXP_"&'Start Here'!$D$2+ROW(A2))

The formula returns a value if there is a value in another spreadsheet. If
not, it is null. My problem is trying to find the last calculated value that
is not null and populating the value from the formula on another spreadsheet
called "Results".

joel[_916_]

Highest Value from Excel Formula

If you are using VBA try something like this

With Sheets("Template")

Set MyRange = .Range("C17:C1016")
Set c = MyRange.Find(what:="*", _
searchdirection:=xlPrevious, _
LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlPart)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
Results = "EXP_" & Sheets("Start Here").Range("D" & c.Row)
End If
End With

The find method using the wildcard * and the searchdirection xlPrevious
will do what you want.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229