-   -   How to write a macro to hide an entire row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441642-how-write-macro-hide-entire-row.html)

jimmy

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Mike H

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Hi,

Try this

Sub Hide_Me()
Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change to suit
lastrow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
For x = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If sht.Cells(x, 3).Value < "" _
And sht.Cells(x, 3).Value = 0 Then
sht.Rows(x).Hidden = True
End If
Next

Mike

question.

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Jacob Skaria

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Jimmy, heres another approach which could be used in any sheet to hide rows
with 0 or blank..

Sub HideRows()
Dim lngRow As Long, lngLastRow As Long

lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, SearchOrder:=xlRows).Row

For lngRow = 1 To lngLastRow
If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Rows(lngRow), 0) + _
WorksheetFunction.CountBlank(Rows(lngRow)) = _
Columns.Count Then Rows(lngRow).Hidden = True
Next

Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Jacob Skaria

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Mike, sorry my post ended up as a response to your one..which was unintended

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Mike H

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Jacob,

No worries. I would include a test for a blank cell in your code, the OP
seemed to be specific in wanting to hide rows with zero.

Mike
--
Mike

question.

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Mike H

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

OOPS,

Forgot, congratulations on being appointed MVP, well done and well deserved.
--
Mike

question.

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

Jacob Skaria

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Thanks. I understand the OP is only looking for zeroes.

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

jimmy

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Thank you JAcob for your help.
Jimmy

"jimmy" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to write a macro that would hide an entire row if the cells
value in that column is equal to 0.
Someting like this:
A B C
1 20000
2 0 - if c2 = 0 then hide entire row
3 20000

Thank you for your help.

José

jimmy

How to write a macro to hide an entire row

Thank you mike for your help.
Jimmy