-   -   To prevent a user from deleting and renaming a sheet in a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441390-prevent-user-deleting-renaming-sheet-workbook.html)

Subodh

To prevent a user from deleting and renaming a sheet in a workbook

My code takes the number of sheets and the sheets name as arguments.
and i have fixed that.
I want to prevent the user from deleting any sheet or renaming them
How can i do that?
Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

To prevent a user from deleting and renaming a sheet in a workbook

Is it ok to stop them from moving and inserting sheets?

If yes, then you could protect the workbook's structu
Tools|Protection|protect workbook
(in xl2003 menus)

--

Dave Peterson

ozgrid.com

To prevent a user from deleting and renaming a sheet in a workbook

You should always use Sheet CodeNames when working with sheets.
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-vba-sheet-names.htm
--
Regards
Dave Hawley

Subodh wrote:

My code takes the number of sheets and the sheets name as arguments.
and i have fixed that.
I want to prevent the user from deleting any sheet or renaming them
How can i do that?
Thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

To prevent a user from deleting and renaming a sheet in a workbook

That's not always possible.