-   -   Can excel objects be defined as global variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441342-can-excel-objects-defined-global-variables.html)

Phyllis

Can excel objects be defined as global variables

I want to define such items as
public ws as worksheet
public rg as range

I put them in the general declarations for "This Workbook". All other
variables such as integer, string etc. are behaving as global. But not the
objects. I read some discussion about defining them as I indicated above,
but when I go to another module, it gives me the error that the name is not
defined.
Can objects be global? If so, is there a certain place they have to be
defined

RB Smissaert

Can excel objects be defined as global variables

Define them in a normal Module and it should work fine.

RBS

"Phyllis" wrote in message
I want to define such items as
public ws as worksheet
public rg as range

I put them in the general declarations for "This Workbook". All other
variables such as integer, string etc. are behaving as global. But not the
objects. I read some discussion about defining them as I indicated above,
but when I go to another module, it gives me the error that the name is
not
defined.
Can objects be global? If so, is there a certain place they have to be
defined

ryguy7272

Can excel objects be defined as global variables

It has to be declared as a public variable:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/TrulyGlobalVariables.htm

Here's some good insight into what ThisWorkbook is for:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ice.11%29.aspx

Normally, I use that for automating something on WorkBook_Open or
WorkBook_Close events.

--
Ryan---