-   -   what is the code to close a file for a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441268-what-code-close-file-macro.html)

Celia

what is the code to close a file for a macro

I need to close a file in a macro but I am not sure how to do it. I could
use the following but when I use this a pop up screen says do you want to
save the changes to the file. I don't want to save the changes. Is there
any code to use that will eliminate the pop up asking me to save the file.

ActiveWindow.Close

----
Celia

ozgrid.com

what is the code to close a file for a macro

Worbooks("Book.xls").Close SaveChanges:=False

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Celia" wrote in message
I need to close a file in a macro but I am not sure how to do it. I could
use the following but when I use this a pop up screen says do you want to
save the changes to the file. I don't want to save the changes. Is there
any code to use that will eliminate the pop up asking me to save the file.

ActiveWindow.Close

----
Celia

arjen van der wal

what is the code to close a file for a macro

or staying along the lines of your original code:

ActiveWindow.Close (False)