-   -   Need To Protect "Tab code" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/441226-need-protect-tab-code.html)

GEdwards

Need To Protect "Tab code"

I have code within a tab, for example a "Private Sub
Worksheet_SelectionChange...". I was suprised that although I PROTECT the
worksheet with a password, the code within the tab is still accessible and be
modified.

How can this too be protected from anyone updating it?

ozgrid.com

Need To Protect "Tab code"

Protect the VBAProject
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/protect-vba-code.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"GEdwards" wrote in message
I have code within a tab, for example a "Private Sub
Worksheet_SelectionChange...". I was suprised that although I PROTECT the
worksheet with a password, the code within the tab is still accessible and
be
modified.

How can this too be protected from anyone updating it?

GEdwards

Need To Protect "Tab code"

Dave,
Fantastic! You have helped me again. MANY thanks.

"GEdwards" wrote in message
I have code within a tab, for example a "Private Sub
Worksheet_SelectionChange...". I was suprised that although I PROTECT the
worksheet with a password, the code within the tab is still accessible and
be
modified.

How can this too be protected from anyone updating it?

.

Dave Peterson

Need To Protect "Tab code"

You can protect all the code (the entire workbook's project, actually), by:

Opening your workbook
Open the VBE (alt-f11 is a quick way to get there)
Show the project explorer (ctrl-r)
Select your project

Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab

Give it a nice (memorable!) password.

Back to excel
Save, close, and reopen the workbook to test.

Be aware that like most passwords everywhere, there are ways of cracking it.