-   -   Place a cell value on Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440649-place-cell-value-charts.html)

Moises

Place a cell value on Charts

I am trying to automate the graphs that I have in different tabs by wiriting
the date as a text box that would have the date linked to a cell in another
tab, for example the date would be on cell N1 of tab SQ_KJ, and the tex boxes
on graphs placed on other tabs (OPTG, TBG, etc)

Many thanks.
--
Moises

Héctor Miguel

Place a cell value on Charts

hi, Moises !

I am trying to automate the graphs that I have in different tabs by wiriting the date as a text box
that would have the date linked to a cell in another tab
for example the date would be on cell N1 of tab SQ_KJ
and the tex boxes on graphs placed on other tabs (OPTG, TBG, etc)

for an embedded textbox in a chart object...
- select the frame of the textbox
- begin the link with an equal-sign ( = ) IN THE FORMULA BAR
- point/select "the cell" containing "the date" (activating "the sheet") and press {enter}

you might need to use =text(<cell,"date format") in "the cell" linked to the textbox (?)

hth,
hector.

Moises

Place a cell value on Charts