Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Notify user macros are disabled.

I want to try and notify the user that macros are disabled. The problem comes
when the user overlooks the Security warning bar at the top of Excel 2007 and
doesn't enable the marcros as needed. I can't seem to figure out the last
details.

Our IT requires that we have security set to disable macros with
notification. I'm still investigating getting IT to set the security to trust
macros in a defined location for our use.

My method of warning the user is to have a cell on the worksheets say macros
are disabled and to clear the message when the file is opened and set it
before the file is closed.

I'm trying to use the Auto_open and BeforeClose events, but there are still
holes where the logic breaks down. Especially dealing with the "Do you want
to save changes... " dialog.

Does anyone have logic to make this work?

Thanks,