-   -   Copying Data from a workbook to another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440479-copying-data-workbook-another-workbook.html)

Pam

Copying Data from a workbook to another workbook

I am trying to copy data in a merged cell from workbook/worksheet to another
workbook/worksheet where the receiving cell may be a different location and
different size.

This is to be done via a VB macro because I will be doing multiple worksheets.

marcus[_3_]

Copying Data from a workbook to another workbook

Hi Pam

To the best of my knowledge you can't force differently shaped ranges
due to merging into one another. Merging cells is an unnecessary and
unneeded activity in XL. It is a long way from best practise and you
can get the same look and feel using basic formatting functions.

Go into your workbooks unmerge the merged cells - all of them. Now
your question title becomes one of the most commonly answered question
on this and other forums. You will find your answer in moments.

Take care

Marcus