-   -   Launching from IE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440433-launching-ie.html)

Andy Smith[_2_]

Launching from IE

Hiya,

I've built an Excel file with a user form that provides boxes to search our
SQL database and populate the spreadsheet with the data it finds.

This works absolutely fine when opening from a local or network drive, but
when providing this on our intranet, the form works the first time, but when
clicking the New Search button (which just invokes the form) I get VBA error
messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Launching from IE

I'm guessing that you have a link on a web page that points to your excel file.

And when you open the excel file, it opens in MSIE--not excel proper.

If that's true, then I'd change this behavior (and not update the code).

Open windows explorer (not MSIE).
Tools|folder options|file types tab
Scroll down to XLS and select it
Click the Advanced button
And uncheck Brows in Same window

Do the same for all the extensions you need: XLSM, XLSX, etc...

=======
I've never found a good way to be 100% sure that the Excel VBA code will work
when the file is opened in MSIE.

--

Dave Peterson